Thursday, July 11, 2013

Friends make the world a better place...

Hello lovely readers! Long time no see, feels like ages ago since my last post.
Enjoying life with the Summer finally being here, working my a** of for two more weeks and then it's vacation time <3 

I have spent a few hours in my "cave" and made this little gift for a friend of mine, who is celebrating her birthday in the upcoming week. She's "one of us" mwahahaha :D So I had to make her a gift with some yummy stash in it. The idea I got from the Norwegian inspirational magazine "Ett Trykk":
I have used kraft from bazzill to fold the box, then I have messed up some Maja Design papers with my stencil: Chicken net?! If that's even a word! The sentiment on the outside says: "Good friends make the world a better place". The flowers from Prima and KOG have gotten a round of distress and gesso.
We were so lucky to get these adorable  Digital Vintage Photo Stamps from Crafts & Me to play with.
My girl is named "Esme in Winter" and is a real cutie. 
Now for a peak at the inside of my box:
Small jars with yummyness inside them: buttons, laces and rolled roses from KOG. 
And as you can see, the bark hearts found there way onto my project again! They were the perfect size to put on top of these lids and the words say: Teddy hug - Unique - Friendship.
Here is a close up of the jars:
And now on to some details. You can see that I have been playing with gesso again, both on my ribbon and on my flowers:
I hope you are enjoying the Summer, wherever you are, and that you keep stopping by our blog to get inspired every now and then. Summer is no excuse to stop crafting you know :)

Hugs & Kisses
Elin

7 comments:

  1. FAbulous project here Elin! Love that idea of putting little jars inside and put some yammy things inside the yars! Just stunning!

    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning make, and an enchanting gift for a crafter - brilliant and beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have one word. BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspirational idea! Superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elin such a fabulous idea and would make a wonderful present for someone.
    So pretty with all your added embellishments, thank you for using my digi, a stunning creation.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete