Saturday, May 25, 2013

Blue Vintage Garden

Good Morning Everyone,
Well, it's not often I write good morning on a Saturday...usually I spend Saturdays making my card, but as I'm off to the Chelsea Flower Show today, this card I actually finished yesterday. :-)

The Chelsea Flower Show is celebrating it's 100th anniversary this year, so we couldn't have picked a better theme this week, as we've all been working with Pion Design's new "Vintage Garden" Collection!

Here's my card:
One of my favourite sheets of all times from Pion Design is "Ornament" from the Studio of Memories Collection, so I was thrilled to find a blue ornament sheet being part of the Vintage Garden Collection! 
I have used both the back and the front of this sheet.
The card shape was cut by my Cameo, and the gorgeous image is from the Vintage Garden Image Sheet.

Here are some details:
 
This is a birthday card for a lady who loves sewing: I used the hanger and the dress form chipboard pieces from Maya Road's Mini Sewing Chipboard Set and covered them with "shabby white" frantage. Also the frame around the image and the small pennant flags have been frantaged. 
 To the mini clothespins and the mini sewing spool, I added some gesso.

I lined the top of the card with my favourite lace at the moment, the stunning white pearl lace with beads. The lace towards the bottom of the card is another favourite of mine, lace "Reinette" from Kort & Godt.
 

At least but not at least....in case you haven't seen it:
There's 10% off at the store until Monday at midnight GMT!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Hugz, Sandy


5 comments:

  1. That card is gorgeous lovely, I adore the shape and beautiful papers!
    Hope you have a wonderful day at the Chelsea Flower Show :)
    Love,Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly lovely - that frantaged bunting looks amazing! Hope you have a great time at the CFS!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so many lovely details, what a fab card, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Absolutely stunning Sandy.
    Enjoy your day and thanks for the 10% money off discount code to spend in your super store.

    Crafty hugs
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete